Start od the content

Access and admission

Admission profile

The degree in Chemical Engineering of the Higher Polytechnic School aims to train industrial engineers in the field of chemistry providing the student with solid foundations in industrial chemical processes from its conception to its correct operation, with a high practical content. The chemical engineer is the expert in the conception, calculation, design, construction and operation of facilities or equipment in which the matter undergoes a change of state, energy content or composition.

It also aims to promote the acquisition of skills and abilities necessary in a professional to solve the different problems efficiently, safely and economically in pharmaceutical, chemical, paper, petrochemical, electronics and microelectronics, polymer, biotechnology, environment , as well as in any type of company or administration.

To gain admission to bachelor’s degree courses at Catalan public universities applicants must pre-enrolment on the announced dates choosing a preferable course and submitting required documentation.

From the 2018-2019 academic year, students who want to take this degree or the Degree Industrial Organisation and Logistics Engineering must pre-register, and are assigned, to a single entry, common to all these degrees. More information can be found on this link.

More information about the pre-enrolment can be found on the Catalan University Admission Advisory Office webpage (l’Oficina d’Orientació per a l’Accés a la Universitat de la Generalitat de Catalunya), which is responsible for the admission processes of all Catalan public universities.

To calculate the admission mark, the two qualifications of the subjects passed to the specific phase will be chosen which, once weighted, give the highest marks.

The parameters of weighting of the subjects of Baccalaureate type assigned to the branches of knowledge of degrees, which will be applied for access to the university, can be consulted in this link

You can find information about the access notes of previous courses in Notes

Entrance pathways to the bachelor's degrees


Upper secondary studies + PAU or COU + PAU:

You can gain admission to any bachelor’s degree course, regardless of the chosen upper secondary studies option.

Higher Level Education Cycle (CFGS):

Holders of a CFGS qualification may enter any bachelor’s degree course without taking any entry examinations. Admission mark is the average grade of the passed subjects.

In the case of some CFGS qualifications certain credits may be validated. You can check which bachelor’s degree subjects are recognized here.

Another university:

You can enter a bachelor’s degree course with any university degree: the entrance mark is the average grade of the passed subjects.


Students over the age of 25:

Those who are over 25 may enter university after passing the university entrance examination. This examination is the same for all universities in Catalonia

Students over the age of 45:

Students who are over 45 may enter university after passing the university entrance examination for people over 45. This examination is the same for all universities in Catalonia.

Students over the age of 40 with accredited experience

Anyone over 40 who can demonstrate having accredited working or professional experience related with the chosen bachelor’s degree can be admitted to university even if they do not have any academic qualification which would enable them to enter university along other pathways. You can find more information here.


You can do it in two different ways:

University pre-enrolment

Ordinary admission through university pre-enrolment .

Once you have been admitted, you can find more information on the proceeding here.

Passed subjects with teaching loads and programmes equivalent to ours may be recognized. You can find more information here.

Credit recognition Request

You may ask for the recognition of the credits you achieved in your original qualification.

If at least your entire first year of the course is recognized, you can be admitted without pre-enrolling. If it is not recognized completely, you must officially pre-enrol to the university.

You can find the calendar to apply here.

Unless your complete first year of the course is recognized, you must complete a university pre-inscription to be admitted to any of the above-mentioned cases.


To be admitted to a university degree course foreign applicants must keep in mind that admission procedures depend on their previous academic background and the course of studies they are interested in pursuing at the UdL. More information about these requirements can be found here.