The objective of the degree in Chemical Engineering is to provide the necessary training for the transformation of raw materials into industrial products, for the analysis and elaboration of organic and inorganic products, and for the quality control of these processes. With this degree they will be able to acquire the technical knowledge and the necessary skills to carry out the profession of industrial engineer, specialized in industrial chemistry, which provides them the skills necessary to be able to:
- Promote the continuous improvement and innovation of products and services.
- Increase the competitiveness and sustainability of industrial and service activities.
- Protagonists in sustainable economic development.
- Essential for companies: every day a greater number of engineers are needed.
- Leaders in ideas, projects, companies, innovations.
- Present in all relevant areas and sectors.
- Recognized socially as a catalyst for progress.
For this reason the configuration of the syllabus is oriented to the acquisition by the students of knowledge, abilities and skills. From and open perspective to adapt to the new scenarios that can be found in the professional future.
This is a profession regulated by law and its professional attributions are specified in Law 12/1986, of April 1.
To know more about basic and specific competencies of the degree in Chemical Enginnering see TABLE OF COMPETENCES